Connect with us
Pss, jom share artikel ni

Biarpun hampir merampas kedudakn nombor satu dunia, Datuk Lee Chong Wei menyifatkan bahawa kedudukan itu bukan satu keutamaan.

Beliau yang kini menduduki tangga ke dua dunia dibelakang Viktor Axelsen dilihat akan memintas kembali kedudukan itu selepas pemain muda dari Denmaark itu mengalami kecederaan buku lali dan perlu berehat selama tiga hingga lima minggu.

Axelsen juga terpaksa akur apabila terpaksa melupakan All England pada tahun ini apabila kecederaan itu agak sirius dan membuatkannya untuk tidak menyertai kejohanan yang unggul itu.

Berdasarkan undian, Chong Wei yang juga juara bertahan berdepan laluan sukar dalam misi memburu gelaran kelima Seluruh England.

Dia akan membuka tirai saingan menentang pemain Brazil, Ygor Coelho dan akan bertemu sama ada pemain Denmark, Jan O Jorgensen atau Lee Dong Keun dari Korea Selatan pada pusingan kedua.

Juara dunia lima kali dari China yang juga musuh tradisinya, Lin Dan dijangka menanti pada suku akhir.

 

Pss, jom share artikel ni

Berpengalaman lebih 1 tahun dalam penulisan dan kewartawanan sukan. Penulis yang berdedikasi untuk DiariSukan.com

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sukan

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reveals he’s jealous at seeing Bundesliga players already back in training

Published

on

Pss, jom share artikel ni

JURGEN KLOPP has revealed his despair at watching fellow Germans going back to work.

Liverpool are just two wins from clinching the Premier League – but boss Klopp still has no idea if his side will be crowned champions.


⚠️ Read our coronavirus in sport live blog for the latest news & updates


 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed he is jealous at Bundesliga players already back in training

1

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed he is jealous at Bundesliga players already back in training

The Bundesliga is set to resume behind closed doors later this month, but LaLiga’s hopes of returning soon took a blow yesterday.

Former Borussia Dortmund boss Klopp said: “I get envious when I see and hear how players are training in Germany.

“I look at the time when they began again, and how long ago since when they were allowed to train – in groups of two at the very least.

“It is only human for me  to think: ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if we could now do the same?’

“England is a couple of weeks behind Germany. We are still in a real lockdown.

“That is why we are sitting at home despite the sensational weather – which is not normal for England!”

Bundesliga are set for a decision on Wednesday over a possible date to finish the season, which needs to be completed by June 30 because of deals with sponsors and broadcasters.

Players are already back in training and last week the German league body DFL said the clubs would be ready to return on  May 9 — but May 16 or 23 are more realistic.

Spain’s hopes of an early resumption of LaLiga appear to have been ended as the head of the country’s sports body said it is “impossible” to give a return date.

La Liga bosses have already been forced to back away from initial plans for a return to action at some point this month.

And while players have been given the green light to return to some form of training from Monday, that does not mean a restart is in sight.

Irene Lozano, secretary of state for sport and President of Spain’s Higher Sports Council, said: “On May 4, players can resume what we have called basic, individual training.

“We have specified that medical examinations and tests will have to be carried out before training and the club doctors will be responsible for those.

“But in terms of playing matches, we have to see how training can be evolved.

“There will be different phases and at this time it is impossible to set a date on the return of the competition.”

CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – BE IN THE KNOW

Get the latest coronavirus news, facts and figures from around the world – plus essential advice for you and your family.

To receive our Covid-19 newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.

To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.

All copyrights for this article are reserved to The Sun Sports

Pss, jom share artikel ni
Continue Reading

Sukan

Mike Tyson shows off unbelievable speed aged 53 as heavyweight legend gears up for sensational boxing return

Published

on

Pss, jom share artikel ni

MIKE TYSON proved he hasn’t lost his unbelievable speed and power as the heavyweight legend gears up for a sensational boxing return.

The iconic puncher, now 53, revealed he will make a comeback – 15 years after retiring – to compete in exhibition bouts for charity.

 Mike Tyson proved he hasn't lost his unbelievable speed and power aged 53

4

Mike Tyson proved he hasn’t lost his unbelievable speed and power aged 53

 The heavyweight legend is gearing up for a sensational boxing return

4

The heavyweight legend is gearing up for a sensational boxing return

Proving he has still got it, Tyson uploaded a video on his Instagram showing off his trademark speed and power.

Tyson soon established himself as the most fearsome fighter in the world after thrashing Trevor Berbick in 1986 to become the youngest heavyweight champion of all time, aged 20.

But his destructive run came to an end in 1990 as James ‘Buster’ Douglas scored a famous upset, knocking out Iron Mike in Tokyo, Japan.

Tyson went on to spend three years in prison after being convicted of rape in 1992, before returning to the ring in 1995.

He won the WBC and WBA titles in 1996 but in the same year lost to Evander Holyfield and infamously bit his ear off in their rematch a year later.

The knockout artist, who also lost to Lennox Lewis, retired in 2005 after losing to Kevin McBride and left the sport with a record of 50–6.

He remains one of the most celebrated heavyweights of all time.

Speaking on an Instagram Live with American rapper T.I., Tyson said: “I’ve been hitting the mitts for the last week.

“That’s been tough, my body is really jacked up and really sore from hitting the mitts.

“I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring, I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape.

“I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.

“Some charity exhibitions, make some money, help some homeless and drug-affected motherf****** like me.

“I do two hours on cardio, I do the bike and the treadmill for an hour, then I do some light weights, 300, 250 reps.

“Then I start my day with the boxing thing, I go in there and hit the mits, 30 minutes, 25 minutes, start getting in better condition.

“I’m start to put those combinations together. I’m in pain, I feel like three guys kicked the s*** out of me.”

The reformed Baddest Man on the Planet has been using lockdown time to get in shape, as he wants to lace up the gloves once again.

KHAN-T BE RIGHT

Mayweather would only return at 43 if he’s blown $1bn fortune, says Khan

BIDDER RIVALS

Hearn says he’s had three offers to host Joshua vs Fury with both boxers keen

SLEIGH ME DOWN

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury open talks over December fight in Saudi Arabia

VONTA A WINNER

Tyson names Mayweather’s ‘s***-talking’ protege Davis as most-exciting boxer

MAC ATTACK

Paulie Malignaggi challenges Conor McGregor to ‘winner takes all’ boxing fight

FORE-WARNED

Foreman begs Tyson to call off boxing return at 53 saying ‘no more is needed’

IT WILL ALL END IN PIERS

Piers Morgan and Eddie Hearn in Twitter spat over coronavirus

GLOVE ‘N HATE

McGregor ‘shivers’ at old boxing technique used in build-up to Mayweather

HOME MOVIES

Inside Mike Tyson’s former £1.5m home where hit movie The Hangover was filmed

Pictured

BRITISH BEEF

Inside Chisora’s farm where the 18st heavyweight winds down feeding his cows

He added: “I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring, I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape.

“I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.”

Tyson boxed Corey Sanders in a 2006 exhibition as part of his 2006 World Tour, which was organised to help relieve some of his well-documented money troubles.

 Tyson is still the youngest heavyweight champion of all time

4

Tyson is still the youngest heavyweight champion of all timeCredit: AFP – Getty

 The reformed Baddest Man on the Planet has been using lockdown time to get in shape

4

The reformed Baddest Man on the Planet has been using lockdown time to get in shape

All copyrights for this article are reserved to The Sun Sports

Pss, jom share artikel ni
Continue Reading

Sukan

Andy Murray reveals he has often met sexist players on tennis circuit who do not want to share prize money with women

Published

on

Pss, jom share artikel ni

ANDY MURRAY has revealed he has often met sexist male tennis players who reject the notion of equal prize money.

Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal last month called for the ATP and WTA – the men’s and women’s Tours – to merge for the benefit of the sport.

 Andy Murray alongside Wimbledon partner Serena Williams

2

Andy Murray alongside Wimbledon partner Serena Williams

Though players from the two sexes earn the same dosh at Grand Slams and selected events, there is a discrepancy throughout the majority of tennis tournaments.

Former world No.1 Murray feels there will be plenty of obstruction to combining the two Tours and giving everybody the same cash.

In a joint interview with Billie Jean King for CNN World Sport, Muzza said: “I have had sometimes conversations in the past where there has been prize money increases in the sport.

“Let’s say the first-round loser’s cheque has gone for the men from $8,000 to $10,000.

“And the women’s went from $6,000 to $10,000. I spoke to some of the male players who were unhappy that the prize money was equal.

“I said: ‘Well, would you rather there was no increase at all?’

“And they said to me: ‘Yeah.’ That is some of the mentality you are working with in these discussions.

“Someone would rather make less money so they are not on an equal footing with some of the female players. So there will be some challenges.

“When you have a lot of the male tennis players started to discuss it. That’s very promising.

“It’s really important in these negotiations that when it comes to key decision makers all of them are men.

 Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal called for the ATP and WTA to merge for the benefit of the sport

2

Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal called for the ATP and WTA to merge for the benefit of the sportCredit: Reuters

“And when these discussions happen it’s important not to see this merger through a man’s eyes.

“To bring more women into the decision-making positions so everybody’s voice gets heard and everybody gets protected. If that happens, we have a huge potential as a sport.

“It’s already a special sport. It could be even better.”

Murray used to be coached by 2006 Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo – he was one of the first top players to get a female coach.

The Scot, who was influenced by his mum Judy growing up, was surprised by the sexist comments.

The 32-year-old father-of-two-girls said: “When I came on to the Tour, I never saw any female coaches. I didn’t think about it until I spoke with Australian Darren Cahill, the coach of Simona Halep.

“I was coached by mum when I was young.

“When I did employ a female coach, I realised this isn’t how it normally is.

Exclusive

BENIK’S FIGHT

Afobe feels for those robbed of chance to say goodbye to loved ones by virus

ALL SET

Prem to return on June 12 behind closed doors at neutral venues if Gov gives the OK

Pictured

wash & show

Ronaldo’s girlfriend Georgina gets cheeky while doing lockdown chores

Gossip

HEN DO

Man Utd to loan out Dean Henderson again but will not sell the highly-rated stopper

Pictured

GARDENING LEAVE

Inside footballers’ amazing gardens with their own pitches, swings & goals

‘sad day’

Emotional Souness pays moving tribute to Liverpool pal Robinson after death at 61

Revealed

GUNNED DOWN

Arsenal TWELFTH as Man Utd miss top four as ‘fair’ formula works out Prem table

KHAN-T BE RIGHT

Mayweather would only return at 43 if he’s blown $1bn fortune, says Khan

AGUER-OH YES

Inside Sergio Aguero’s lockdown love nest with girlfriend Sofia Calzetti

Cheap runner

Sport stars cheap cars include Chisora’s Smart car & Hatton’s Robin Reliant

“Every time I lost a match, my coach was blamed for it. I never had that with any of my previous coaches.

“Amelie was a former world No.1, a Grand Slam champion, a fantastic player, extremely qualified to coach.

“That’s when I realised this was a problem and you start to see it more and more. That is when I talked to my mum about it.”

Roger Federer challenges tennis players to match his forehand volley skills

All copyrights for this article are reserved to The Sun Sports

Pss, jom share artikel ni
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 DiariSukan. Powered with <3 by CP

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com